Great that you found us here.
We are Donut, a software company based in Berlin. We were founded in 2018 starting with a simple problem. How do we help millennials set better savings and investing habits?
Sounds easy? ✅
Not quite. We believe that 10 years from now, people will have the majority of their wealth stored in digital assets. That could be anything from cryptocurrencies, fractional ownership of art or owning a piece of land in virtual reality.
We have set out to empower everyone to become an investor in that future.
The story so far 🏆
In the past year, we have scaled the team from 4 to 11, built a mobile app and raised $1.9M led by Redalpine (investors in N26, TaxFix), Tiny VC and Entrepreneur First.
Our first product is a micro-investment service into Bitcoin. What does that mean? Every time you buy a matcha latte, we round the difference from €3.50 to €4.00, and turn the €0.50 into Bitcoin. Easy.
We’re building a world-class team which is focused on helping users save and invest for their future. Bit by bit.
What are we looking for? 😄
We're looking for a Backend Engineer, who will work with the Product and Tech team (5 engineers) to build exciting new product features. You'll work on:
- Building an Event-Driven Microservice architecture based on Golang on Kubernetes
- Collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams to help craft new features including fun ways to help everyone micro-invest, earn exciting rewards & improve their financial wellbeing
- You'll be able to learn and help others grow through frequent knowledge sharing
You'll be a great fit if you 👋
- You have professional experience with industry standard server languages, e.g. Java, NodeJS, Ruby. Golang experience is a big plus, but not essential
- You have worked with microservice architectures in the past
- You take initiatives and ownership of your work
- You believe that documentation is as important as code
- You believe that TDD is the way to Go
- You are a genuine and humble person 😀
What we offer 📚
- Our team is standout: you'll get to work with a brilliantly forward-thinking team every day
- The opportunity to work with the most modern tech stack (Golang, Postgres, React Native, GraphQL, Typescript, k8s)
- A chance to join the team as an early employee and have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of engineering at Donut
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software (we're loving Notion & Linear at the moment) and desk set-up
- A learning and development culture with our own Library and bi-weekly talks on topics from sailing, product to engineering
- Competitive salary and equity - as an early employee we'll reward you for driving our product forward
- Free tea, coffee and Club Mate
- Your fair share of (vegan) donuts!
- Dog friendly office
Diversity and inclusion 🌈
- We are an equal employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe what you've worked on and achieved is way more important (if you could include your GitHub profile or a link to your portfolio that would be awesome!)
- **Note: unfortunately we cannot sponsor visas at this time - you will need a valid EU work permit**