Great that you found us here.
We are Donut 🍩an app that actually makes investment fun! We’ve removed the complexity of traditional investment, and provided a gamified approach for Millennials to invest into digital assets, and turn their spare change into Bitcoin. Founded in 2018, we’re a disruptive, high-flying startup based in Berlin, Germany and Los Angeles, USA.
The story so far 🏆
In just one year, we have scaled the team from 4 to 12, built a mobile app and raised $1.9M led by Redalpine (investors in N26, TaxFix), Tiny VC and Entrepreneur First.
Our first product is a micro-investment service into Bitcoin. So, every time you buy a matcha latte ☕we round the difference from €3.50 to €4.00, and turn the €0.50 into Bitcoin. Easy.
We’re building a world-class team that is focused on helping users save and invest for their future. Bit by bit.
Who we are looking for 🦄
We're looking for a Backend Engineer, who will work with the Product and Tech team (5 engineers) to build exciting new product features. You'll work on:
- Building an Event-Driven Microservice architecture based on Golang on Kubernetes
- Collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams to help craft new features including fun ways to help everyone micro-invest, earn exciting rewards & improve their financial wellbeing
- You'll be able to learn and help others grow through frequent knowledge sharing
We're attracted to you if 🤝
- You have professional experience with industry standard server languages, e.g. Java, NodeJS, Ruby. Golang experience is a big plus, but not essential
- You have worked with microservice architectures in the past
- You take initiatives and ownership of your work
- You believe that documentation is as important as code
- You believe that TDD is the way to Go
- You are a genuine and humble person 😀
What we offer 🍩
- Our team is standout: here, you'll get to work with a brilliantly forward-thinking team every day
- By joining our Bakery as an early employee, you have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of engineering at Donut
- The opportunity to work with the most modern tech stack (Golang, Postgres, React Native, GraphQL, Typescript, k8s)
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software (we're loving Notion & Linear at the moment) and desk set-up
- A learning and development culture with our own 'Donut Library' and bi-weekly talks on topics from sailing, blockchain protocols, to engineering
- Compelling equity package—as an early employee, we’ll reward you for driving our product forward
- Weekly team lunch at our favourite restaurants in Kreuzberg
- Office fruits, coffee, Club Mate and social Thursdays
- And of course, vegan donuts!
- Dog-friendly office— we’re loving Cooper at the moment! 🐶
You belong here 🌈
- At Donut, we are colour-blind. Here, everyone is accepted, included and celebrated, irrespective of their sexual orientation, culture, gender, religion, or the absence of any of these things
- We are a big fan of diversity, and what we cherish even more, is inclusion
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe what you've worked on and achieved is way more important (if you could include your GitHub profile or a link to your portfolio that would be awesome!)
Visa support 🇩🇪
- In our case, we’ll cross the oceans for you, and that includes sponsoring visas and work permit if you need to relocate to Germany